Friday, December 5, 2008

All Aboard!!

We were so excited to go and ride the Polar Express this year! Marci & Joe decided to go and so we tagged along with them. We had been 2 years ago, but it was even more fun this year with all 4 kids! I wanted to make sure we went while all 4 still believed in the magic and it was truly magical. Chloe kept saying "I can't believe we're really going to the North Pole!" So cute. However, Hayley and Blake had quite a few logistical type questions such as "How is it possible for a train to get to the North Pole so fast when it's not even on the North American continent?" Good question, Hayley. She wasn't doubting anything, just wondering how it was possible. It's a magical train I kept telling her. Here's a pic of all the cousins before boarding the train!
On the way to the North Pole, the chefs passed out hot cocoa and cookies. Chloe kept looking outside wondering where the wolves were and waiting to spot the North Pole.
And then they read the story to us and Kate couldn't get enough of it. Unfortunately we left our copy of the book at thome, but Kate insisted on touching the pages each time our chef walked by.
After we reached the North Pole and saw Santa outside with all of his reindeer, Santa boarded the train, but we had to wait a bit before he got to our car. So the whole train sang Christmas carols while they waited.
Finally, he arrived! The kids were so excited to receive their special bell from him.

After the train ride, we got to go and visit with Mrs. Clause. The kids wrote letters to Santa and dropped them in his mailbox!




We had such a fun trip. Hopefully we'll be able to return again in another year or two. Such a fun tradition. And here's my recommendation if any of you go. SKIP the buffet meals that they throw in to the package. We ate those meals two years ago and they were terrible. I wouldn't eat them again if they were free. So when you book your hotel and train tickets, tell them you don't want the meal package. You'll save about $60 and then you can go eat at some yummy restaurants. We went to the Mexcian Cantina across from the hotel from dinner which was good. And then for breakfast we went across the street to the Pine Country Restaurant which was DE-LISH! I am not kidding when I say that they had homemade pies that are 8 inches tall! I've never ordered dessert for breakfast, but we just had to try it. We ordered a slice of Chocolate Peanut Butter Fluff Pie and it was the best pie we've ever had. So skip the meals and Max & Thelmas and head over to these great restaurants instead!

8 comments:

Marci Coombs said...

Grant and Carson are already asking when we can go back. It was so fun! I LOVE the pic of Chloe looking out the window. So cute!

MelancholySmile said...

Wow, that looks so fun! We want to take the kids {especially while E is so into trains} but every year it just seems too expensive. Maybe next year!

Pam said...

So fun! We did it last year and the boys loved it.

Jared Foster said...

What?! You went all that way and didn't get a picture of the TRAIN? Forget it!

Owen said...

SOOOO JEALOUS!! I swear one of these years we are gonna do that trip! What a good mom.

Stacey said...

I am so sad we did not do it this year. I definatly want to take the kids next year. Love the pics! The pajamas are soooo cute!

Julie Letner said...

The Polar Express looks like fun. We may try it next year, thanks for the advice on not eating the meals, I love little tips like that. Your pictures are too cute by the way.

Elizabeth said...

cutiest kids! Right now none of that food you described sounds good. but i have a reason right? Love to you Steph. Have a great Christmas. Elizabeth Cluff