Monday, August 15, 2011

Kate's Big Day!

 Kate has been counting down the days for AUGUST 15th to get here!  Not only was it her first day of Tap Dance class, but she also got to FINALLY start pre-school.  She couldn't wait!
 Luckily she and her best bud, Lauren, are taking the class together!  And they sure looked cute!


 After dance class, we hurried home to change and eat lunch before heading off to preschool.  Kate has watched big sis Chloe go to Mrs. Farnsworth's preschool for the past two years.  Too say she was excited for it to be her turn would be a big understatement.  But I kind of have mixed emotions on the whole thing.  I know she's ready to go, but I'm getting sad thinking that this is her last year with me.  Next year, she's off to all day kindergarten!  These past 10 years of having little ones at home during the day is coming to an end.  I have loved these years and it makes me sad to think that in the blink of an eye, they're almost gone. 

We pulled up to preschool and she jumped out of the car when she saw all her friends.  Here she is with Lauren and Kenzie.  So fun to know so many in her class from church!




 I hope Mrs. Farnsworth is ready for these two gals :)

And they're off . . .
She had a great time in class learning all about the letter A and apples.  She also loved playing with the play-dough and eating snacks!

I have to admit . . . it was kind of weird having her gone for the afternoon.  The house was eerily quiet.  Lucky for me, she's only gone on Mondays and Wednesdays so we'll still have time to go shopping, and run errands, and go to Circle K for drinks, and meet dad for lunch, and bake cookies together! 


My baby girl is growing up on me!

No comments: