Monday, July 23, 2012

Back To School

I'm sorry but where did summer go? In the blink of an eye, it was over and here we are on the first day of school. Again.

Maybe it flew by too fast because I knew that my baby was leaving me.  Kindergarten already?  How did this happen?  You were just born, little Kate!  How is it that all of my years of having little ones at home is now gone? 
But check out that grin.  She is so excited to start school.  I will sure miss my shopping buddy.  She loves shopping and running errands as much as I do.  It was truly a joy to have her hang out with me, go to lunch with me and browse the shops at the mall with me too.  I think I'm going to have to pull her out of school soon to play hookey.

And all of a sudden, Chloe is looking quite grown up to me!  She is starting 1st grade and has Mrs. Personale for her teacher.

Blake got Mr. Cedarstrom for 4th grade and we couldn't be happier.  I think it will be so fun for him to have a male teacher.  Plus, he is totally into Star Wars and video games.  A perfect match.

 And Hayley - didn't you just start kindergarten yourself??  Now I have all four at one school, for just this one year.  I am going to try and savor the simplicity. 
Hayley got Mrs. Pisano and Miss Suhre for her teachers and that is exactly who she wanted.  She is so excited! 
Ok Kate - are you sure you don't want to stay home with mom today instead?  We will go do something fun.  Last chance, are you sure? 



We got to school and Kate wasn't nervous a bit!  She was excited to take her seat and get started on her morning work.



 Luckily, we have Mrs. Moore for her teacher.  Blake had her, and so did Chloe.  Three times the charm.  I did have to warn her though that Kate is quite the chatterbox.  She likes to talk.  A lot. 

With all of my kids, I've always stood in the back of the kindergarten room waiting for my child to turn around one last time to wave goodbye.  I waited.  And waited.  And finally realized - - she ain't looking back!  Sigh. 
My baby is growing up.  This incredibly fun phase of motherhood - having little ones at home at all day - is now over.  And I am really sad about that. 

However . . . I may just get some time to start working on MY projects for a few hours during the day.  And that puts a tiny smile on my face. 

No comments: