The food included Mummy Hot Dogs, Witches Fingers, Ghost Cookies, Spider Cookies and anything orange. Drinks were rootbeer or orange soda floats.


As the kids arrived, they were so nervous! We were cracking up. Some of the older kids who I thought would be brave and want to show off their lack of fear, were saying things like "My stomach has been kind of upset today. I don't know that I'll be able to do all of the challenges." I found out after from 3 moms that their boys were a little nervous about what awaited them!!
We had two teams - The Bats and The Spiders.
Challenge #1: Dog Race
Each contestant had to crawl like a dog holding a dog treat in their mouth. Once they got back, they had to take a taste of "dog food". (I cleaned out a can of real dog food and replaced it with corned hash and potted meat. Never even knew there was such a thing until I studied the Canned Meat aisle at the grocery store!) It really did look real - - but amazingly they all tasted it! I think they got a point if they tasted it and 2 points if they actually swallowed it.
Nathanael sampling the dog food:
Challenge #2: Worm Relay
The first one on the team had to dig through the dirt to find a real nightcrawler and then pass it down the team and drop it in the bowl. Then that person would go to the end of the team and the next one would dig. First team to get all their worms in the bowl won. (I didn't know that Walmart sold worms. When I asked the guy if I could buy earthworms, they were out, but they had night crawlers which are even bigger. He showed me the fridge where I could get them. I went to pay and he asked if I'd looked in the container to see if they were alive. Ummm . . . NO WAY! I wasn't about to open that lid. He laughed and checked for me. Luckily Brent was at home to put all of these challenges together for me. Let's just say . . . the kids were much braver than me!)

I couldn't believe that Hayley did every challenge! She dug right in.


Challenge #3: Barf Buffet
They got points for tasting different items - - ear wax, earth worms (made out of jello that set in straws), chocolate covered slugs (green beans - yuck), and chocolate covered flies (raisins). 
Grant was so cute. He's only 4 but ate the chocolate covered fly. A little while later he said, "I can still feel the fly buzzing around in my tummy!"
We also had the GROSS tasting Jelly Bellies - - flavors like booger, vomit,ear wax and skunk spray. The box has two flavors for each color, so each child would pick a color. Green for example might be pear, or it might be booger. They had to choose one and hope it was the good one! The bad ones were awful! They got extra points for eating those.
One of Blake's friends, Michael, was FEARLESS. He is only 6, but he took on every challenge with gusto and excitement. He was a hoot! Here he is eating a Skunk Spray flavored jelly bean.
Challenge #4: Blood Chugging Contest
A contestant from each team would race one from the other team and see who could drink the blood the fastest.
We had two teams - The Bats and The Spiders.
Challenge #2: Worm Relay
The first one on the team had to dig through the dirt to find a real nightcrawler and then pass it down the team and drop it in the bowl. Then that person would go to the end of the team and the next one would dig. First team to get all their worms in the bowl won. (I didn't know that Walmart sold worms. When I asked the guy if I could buy earthworms, they were out, but they had night crawlers which are even bigger. He showed me the fridge where I could get them. I went to pay and he asked if I'd looked in the container to see if they were alive. Ummm . . . NO WAY! I wasn't about to open that lid. He laughed and checked for me. Luckily Brent was at home to put all of these challenges together for me. Let's just say . . . the kids were much braver than me!)
Challenge #4: Blood Chugging Contest
This was the challenge where we had our one and only barf incident. More like a spit up, but luckily he did it in the rocks.
Challenge #5: Cricket Jar
We placed live crickets (Brent bought those thankfully) in a jar. The kids had to pull out skull rings from the jar while the crickets hopped around their hand. (Again, I could never do this.)
Challenge #6: Find the Worms in the Brain Guts
They couldn't use their hands, but the first person to find the hidden worms amidst the brain guts and put them in the bowl, won.
The contestants included:
Mason, Nathanael, Tyson, Michael, Blake, Chase, Grant and Carson. I was so impressed with how brave these guys were!
For dessert - ice cream cake with a little dirt and worms on top.
I must say - Fear was not a factor for these kids. And luckily for me, all of our bday parties are now done until April. Phew!

2 comments:
What a great party! Little Miss C is turning green just READING the challenges. I'm sure no one will forget that party for some time.
BEST. PARTY. EVER. Seriously sooo cute, I mean scary.
Post a Comment