Monday, November 30, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


Thanksgiving is one of my FAVORITE holidays. It doesn't require you to buy anything for anyone. You don't go crazy decorating and stressing out over it. It just gives you a day (or a month) to truly reflect on your blessings and what you're grateful for. Here are a few things I'm thankful for today:
  • That my children (and hubby) let me sleep in. Haven't been able to sleep in until 8 am in months!

  • That I get to make some of my favorite foods that are traditional on this day . . . mom's yummy dip and crackers and sweet potato casserole are just a couple of my favorites.

  • That we get to go see a movie as a family and that my kids are now at the age where all of them will sit through it!

  • That I can eat as much as I want today and really not feel guilty at all!

  • That I don't have to go to work on Friday . . . I get to go shopping instead

  • That I have a family that loves me.
  • That my dad has started walking a bit on his own again!

  • That Heavenly Father has blessed me with 4 beautiful children that I adore.
  • That Blake was proud to wear his Thanksgiving hat he'd made at school all throughout the day. He wasn't too cool or too old for it. Love that.
  • For a Heavenly Father that has given me so many blessings this past year and has watched out for us continuously.

Click on the link for a fun (short) timelapse video that sums up the day for the Foster family. Thanks, Jared!

http://www.vimeo.com/7856973

No comments: