Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Feeling Lucky!

I have NEVER considered myself to be a lucky person.

I rarely win anything . . . until this past month. I won a couple of things.

Lucky Win #1

One morning I turned on the news and it was doing a give-away for Suns Play off tickets against the Spurs. 12th caller would win. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to call in for a contest only to get a busy signal. I've always thought they were rigged.

But this time it started to ring.

You know when it rings a couple of times only to then announce that your call didn't go through? I thought that was going to happen, so I was completely surprised when someone actually answered and said I was the 12th caller! Woohoo! I won 4 tickets to the game that night. I was so excited to call and let Brent know. We ended up taking Blake and Tracy (guy who works for Brent who had been trying to get play off tickets but they were sold out). We had such a fun time!


Lucky (for Blake) Win #2:

So this was more of a win for Blake, but he won the class tadpole at school. The teacher had sent home a form saying if you were interested in winning the class tadpole and tank, sign the form and send it back in. Just to appease Blake (and again, thinking we'd never win . . . ) I signed the form.
When I went to pick him up from school that day, he was beaming from ear to ear as he held the tadpole! He has fed that thing every day and cleaned out the tank once a week since we got him and I've never had to remind him once!
Lucky Win #3 So I usually enter blog contests if it just requires leaving a quick comment. One of my favorite blogs is http://www.picky-palate.com/. She has the yummiest recipes and great giveaways. One of her giveaways was for a $50 gift card to Crate & Barrel, a year's subscription to Rachel Ray AND a sampling of McCormick's new sample size spices and recipe cards. I left a comment and was comment #517. Didn't think about it again until she notified me that I had WON! She uses the random # generator to pick her winners, and LUCKY ME . . . I was picked.
My Grandma Misel used to always say "You'll never win if you don't try." She loved entering contests and trying to win things, and I think I inherited that trait.
I think that by winning all of these great things in one month's time, I've probably used up all of my luck and won't win another thing for the rest of my life.
But that's why I've documented it on my blog.
To remind myself that there was once a month where I did feel pretty LUCKY!

1 comment:

Julie Letner said...

that is totally awesome! Where was that luck when I was applying for scholorships at school? Ha ha. That's amazing about Blake taking such good care of his tadpole. It would be cool to see it change into a frog :)