Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Back to School

It was really weird on the first day of school this year. I don't know if it's because Hayley & Blake are getting older and have been going to the same school now for a few years. Or if it's because they were just in school a few short 7 weeks ago. But for some reason . . . the "excitement" of that first day just wasn't there this year. It seemed ho hum. Like we'd only just been on spring break and were returning from that.

Hayley rolled her eyes when I wanted to take some pics, so we didn't get very many. Didn't even take the camera to the school when I dropped the kids off.

This year Hayley is starting the 4th grade with Ms. Ahearn. After her first day, I asked how it went and her response was "Awesome! And our teacher this year even lets us TALK to each other!" (Her teacher last year was a little on the strict side.) Blake started 2nd grade and has Mrs. White. Hayley had her for 2nd as well so Blake was excited to get her. She is one of the sweetest teachers I know. I know Blake will love her! He was thrilled to have so many friends in his class this year.

Can't believe how quickly these two are growing up!

No comments: