Sunday, March 6, 2011

Birthday Celebrations in SD

Brent and I couldn't leave for San Diego until after work, but Janet & Gary were going to go up earlier in the day so they took Kate and Chloe with them. I was MORE than surprised when we got to the condo, walked in and saw it all decorated for my birthday. And they had spent all afternoon making cake pops! They were darling and tasted delicious! I seriously have the nicest, most thoughtful mother-in-law. I felt so spoiled :)

My actual birthday was Sunday that weekend, so we decided to head downtown and do some sight seeing.
We had heard rave reviews for the Mormon Batallion and it was even better than we imagined!


The kids were able to pan for gold . . .











And we learned so much about the early pioneers and how they helped settle the San Diego area.


One of my favorite things to do is research new places to eat in the different cities we visit. I had read about a place in SD that had the best cupcakes, so the night before my bday we headed there for a bite to eat.


The place was called Baby Cakes and they were seriously some of the best cupcakes I've ever eaten. We sampled a mint chocolate, a chunky monkey (banana, caramel and chocolate) and a traditional vanilla with chocolate frosting. YUM!


I had no idea until we were seated that Baby Cakes might have been a gay bar. Oh well. Totally worth it and the kids had no clue that only men were up at the bar hanging out. I'll definitely go back :)

No comments: