Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Last Day of School Celebration!

Funny thing about "traditions." Once you start one, your kids won't let you forget about it. Last year we started a Last Day of School / Start of Summer Celebration, so we had to do it again this year!



We had a special breakfast for the last day of school. I picked up some new crafts and activities to keep them busy this summer. And I pulled out our Foster Boredom Buster can from last year.


Our thank you gift to the teachers were a beach towel with a cute tag from eighteen25.com that reads "Stay Cool This Summer", and then on the back:


a Cold Stone Creamery gift card to help her stay cool. The kids teachers this year were Mrs. White and Mrs. Ahearn. We LOVED both so much. Makes such a difference when the kids adore their teachers and enjoy going to their classes each day.


And here is how the kids have grown this year from the FIRST day of the school year . . .


. . . to the last! A few less teeth, a few more inches tall, and a little bit longer hair!




Hayley received her Million Word Club shirt for reading over 1,000,000 words this school year!


And I loved the Kachina Doll she made in class. She keeps saying she wants to be a fashion designer when she grows up and it shows in the cute outfit she made her doll.


So proud of Hayley & Blake and all they've learned this year. Now just excited for the summer to begin!

2 comments:

Shari said...

Oh, my goodness, Steph. You just constantly AMAZE me with your talents! Your kids are SOOOO lucky!

Melissa Stadler said...

Oh my heavens...I love your blog! Steph, you are amazing. You spend so much time with your kids creating traditions that they will remember forever. Thank you for inspiring me with your creative and thoughtful ideas.
I miss seeing you, my friend. I hope all is well with you and your family. I am so happy that you have a blog so I can keep in touch with your great family.
Lots of love from Texas - Meliss