Sunday, February 22, 2009

Fun in the Snow!

Since it dumped a few inches of snow up north, we decided it was time to load the kids up in the car and let them play in it! We try to expose our kids to snow at least once a year just so they know what it's like. I have fond memories of growing up in Virginia and having snow most winters. I loved when we'd wake up to snow on the ground and we'd listen to the TV, crossing our fingers that school would be closed for the day or at least open a few hours late. We'd sled down our hill for hours and take a break or two for some hot chocolate. We built many igloos and snowmen back in the day, so I want my kids to be able to experience some of that even though we live in the desert!

Chloe having a Christmas Story moment . . . couldn't quite get herself up off the ground.





2 comments:

Niki Miller said...

That looks like so much fun. I don't know why we don't take our kids to the snow. They always ask but it just never happens. We need to make it happen.

marcee said...

Steph, we did the same thing in TN! We'd wake up early to watch the names of closed school districts scrolling down the screen and then go back to bed for a couple of hours. Then we'd spend the rest of the day in the snow or at friends' houses. I miss that!