I was so excited to hear that my sister had gone in to her dr's appointment and they were going to induce her yesterday. My sister and I have been to every single one of each other's kids' births. In our labor and delivery room, it's more of a party. Usually our mom and both sisters are there making jokes, eating treats in front of us and helping us laugh our way through the labor. Yesterday was no exception.
The audience . . .

Ok, well for an hour or so Marci was uncomfortable, so the true laughing from her didn't start until the epidural kicked in quickly after this picture was taken . . . (you can see from Joe's expression that he's hoping the anesthesiologist will come quickly!).

We all got there around 5:00 pm and Marci was already hooked up and starting to contract! She was getting close around 10:00 and her nurse was about ready to leave for the day. It was change of shift and the next nurse came in and said she picked Marci as her patient because she could hear all of the laughing inside our room and figured she must be a fun patient. When they checked Marci at 10:00, she was at a 10, so the other nurse said she'd stay with her too! They called her doctor at home and because the epidural was working so well, we just waited for him to arrive. She wasn't in any pain or discomfort. Finally the doctor arrived at 11:15 pm, and by 11:19 baby London was born! She seriously pushed her out with one contraction. Perfect labor and delivery.
Her first look at her first daughter:


I absolutely love being there when a new baby is born. In fact, if I had to go back and go into another career (besides my dream of being an FBI or CIA agent), I'd be a labor and delivery nurse. How neat would it be to see this miracle happen on a daily basis? I get teary every time knowing that these little babies are so fresh from heaven. They are truly a miracle and I was blessed to see my first niece on my side of the family be born last night. She is gorgeous with a cute head of hair. And so tiny! Only 6 pounds 12 oz (2 pounds less than her boys!).


My kids are dying to meet her but since they're not letting kids in this time of year, we'll have to wait until she comes home tomorrow. Chloe has already named one of her dolls London, and I looked outside this morning to see Chloe & Kate taking their little babies for a walk in our backyard. Chloe said they were playing "mommy and baby London".
3 comments:
She is just beautiful!!!!! I am so jealous... I want to see another baby born. I'm going to have to hold out for my sister to have another baby. Congrats to Marci and family! (BTW... I love the name London...IF I ever had another baby girl that's the name I would use!)
That is so exciting, Stephanie! Tell Marci and Joe we said congratulations! She looks so precious and what a cute name.
Okay, that makes me miss those precious moments terribly. I'm ready for one of my sisters to have another baby! (Since it won't be me, of course.)
PS- CIA or FBI??? That is too funny.
Post a Comment