Sunday, May 24, 2009

Peeeeach!


Whenever I hear the word "Peach" I think of Blake. When he was 2 years old, it became his favorite word. No idea why. It wasn't like it was his favorite food or anything. But whenever we'd ask him a question, he'd answer with "Peach!"


"Blake, what do you want to name your new sister?"

"Peach!"

"Mommy?"

"What?"

"I love you . . . PEEEACH!"



"Mommy I can count! 1, 2, 3, 4, PEACH!"

The phase lasted a few months but I think I'll forever remember it when I hear the word peach.

On Saturday we headed over to the Peach festival at Schnepf farms. No admission - you just pay for what you pick! The kids had a blast selecting the fruit and picking it right off the tree.

They really got a kick out of the peaches that looked like they had bum cracks. After, we let them play around for a bit and shopped in their bakery. YUM!And so today I got to go through my recipes and decide what to make with all of our very ripe peaches! I pulled out a recipe I had saved months ago but never tried -- Peach Cinnamon Crisp Sundae.

The picture doesn't do it justice. It had a cinnamon syrup, the fresh peaches and a crunchy cinnamon cracker topping with a little whipped cream served over French Vanilla ice cream. Tomorrow I think I'll try a peach cobbler . . . If you have any other yummy peach recipes, please share!

9 comments:

MelancholySmile said...

That sundae looks so good! Don't you love local places like Schnepff farms?

Marci Coombs said...

Yum! I hope this is what you're bringing over to mom and dad's today for dessert...looks dee-lish!

Niki Miller said...

That is so cute! You know, we have so many words in our family that we say certain ways because there was a child that said it that way and other things we do because of what the kids did. It's good that we can at least remember some of those things because I know I'm really bad at writing them down. Won't that be a wonderful memory to have when he's 40? I'm sure you'll still think about it and will tell his kids all about PEACH : ).

Owen said...

This looks DIVINE!!! My goodness....I may need the recipe. On second thought maybe I shouldn't! I will be dreaming of peaches tonight.

Jenette said...

Too cute! It looks like you had a lot of fun! The dessert looks YUMMY!

Nancy said...

Wow, that looks like a lot of fun! That recipe looks yummy too! Miss you and love you, Nancy

Stacey said...

Yummy! What a fun family activity!

Julie Letner said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

marcee said...

Soooo cute, so yummy, and I loved that peach story!