When I asked what she wanted for her special breakfast, she said "I want breakfast just like grandma makes - - sausages, pancakes and scrambled eggs!" So that's exactly what she got.
She got the Dora Links as one of her presents and has LOVED playing with her..jpg)
Her restaurant of choice for her date? Big surprise . . . Red Robin
.jpg)
She was so cute on her date with me and Brent. When she asked if we could go to the pet store, and I told her I didn't think we'd have time, she said (as she did all throughout the day), "But it's my special day!!" And she loved that she didn't have to do any chores or favors for me all day long.The ONLY thing she asked for when I'd ask what she wanted for her bday was to go to the "painting store" to get her toes painted. Months ago, I made the mistake of bringing her with me when I got a pedicure. They painted her toes while she waited, and she was HOOKED! She's been waiting months to go back. So we headed over to the salon and they were so cute with her.
Because it was her bday, they gave her a free flower design. Total cost for the toe painting: $4. The expression on her face while she was there: Priceless.
And a birthday would not be complete without going to Krispy Kreme to get the free donuts! We took them over to Granmda & Grandpa Lamoreaux's to share.
1. Quoting movie lines. You will see a movie and weeks later be quoting lines from it. Your memory is amazing! And so is your adorable sense of humor!
2. You are my fruit eater! I catch you eating apples, bananas, and oranges all day long. The rest of your siblings didn't get that craving. I hope you keep it forever!
3. You are very proud of the fact that you just learned to snap AND whistle. You go around the house doing both all day.
4. You are in a pant phase. It has been 105 degrees out and all summer long you want to only wear pants. Not shorts. Just long pants. You even try to wear long shirts with them. We usually fight over this every morning if we're going out. But I guess I should just be glad you are being so modest :)
5. You're learning so much right now. You're starting to sound out words. You love writing letters in your notebooks and will ask me to spell things so you can write out the words. I hope that love for learning never goes away.
A sad side note -- the Sunday night after you turned 5, you said something about going to kindergarten the next day. I thought you were teasing and didn't really say anything. You again said it later that night - how you were going to kindergarten in the morning. I said, "Honey, you're going to preschool." "No, I'm 5. You said I couldn't go to kindergarten until I was 5. Now I'm 5." It was so sad - - you thought that as soon as you turned 5, you'd be able to go. Poor thing. You have another 9 months before that big day comes . . .
We love you so much, Chloe! And so does Grandma Foster. You get to spend every Friday with her, and she has such a soft spot for you. On the occasional day you don't go there, she sure misses you. You are such a joy! Can't wait to see all the things you learn in the coming year.
.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment