Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Weekend Update

A few highlights from our long, fun-filled weekend:


Brent took the boys (Blake and my nephews Tyson & Ryan) to the ASU game on Saturday.
I had the lovely idea to save a few bucks and told Brent that I'd heard if you park at the Tempe library, you can take a free shuttle to the stadium. Well that turned out to be quite the cultural experience for the boys. They observed many intoxicated ASU students while on the shuttle, and as more and more piled in, Tyson kept saying to Brent "It smells like burritos." The shuttle took waaay longer than expected and Brent swore he'd gladly pay the ten or twenty bucks to park closer next time.
While the boys were at the game, I took my sister Tori out for a birthday celebration. She chose to go to Charlestons - yum! I hadn't been there in years! Their croissants just melt in your mouth! But note to self - leave the 1 and 2 year old behind with a babysitter. DUH! I don't know why I didn't do that, but we still had a good time!

Sunday we had Tori and the boys over for dinner because that was her actual birthday. The rest of my family was in Utah for the weekend so they came over to bbq steaks. We had fun playing games and instead of a birthday cake, we had chocolate pie. When I told Tori to smile for the camera, she did NOT want her picture taken. So this is the photo I got of her (and I even warned her that it may show up on my blog . . . )


And on Monday we headed to Sun Splash for the day. (Thanks, Vonda!!) The first couple of hours were nice because the park was empty and we could ride the water slides pretty quickly. Let's just say - I'm not as young as I think I am and my body is kind of feeling it all today. Oh well, good times with the family. Now back to the daily grind of laundry, bills, cleaning . . . sigh. I need a vacation.

4 comments:

Owen said...

I laughed out loud at the stinky burrito smelly bus ride! Sometimes our brilliant, save a few bucks ideas end up being a bust! I love the picture of your sister! Hilarious! When you're done paying bills...wanna balance my check book for me? Sigh....

marcee said...

Geez, Steph! Do you think you could've done a little more in one weekend??? :) How fun! The drunk ASU kids would've been hilarious (since it wasn't my own kids!).

Marci Coombs said...

Love the pic of Tori...she always takes the best pictures :)

MelancholySmile said...

Oooh, now I want to go to a waterpark! What a fun weekend!