I have to say that every other Saturday morning is exciting for me! That's when we can get our bountiful basket that my family has come to love! For only $15 you get enough produce to last almost two weeks -- all kinds of fruits and vegetables. This is a picture of what we got last time. Today we got tomatoes, avocados, lettuce, broccoli, fresh corn!, apples, oranges, tangelos, strawberries, coconut, acorn squash, and baby pears. I've heard complaints that you sometimes end up with weird veggies you'll never use, but I really haven't found that to be the case. I did get acorn squash today, but to be honest, I kind of get excited learning how to cook new things, so we'll give it a try. I find that when I have a lot of fruit and veggies around, my kids eat more of it. They see apples and oranges out in the fruit bowl, then they want it for a snack. I don't know that I'd ever buy this much at the grocery store (it would probably be worth about $40). But it's fun to have around and now my kids are so much better about eating fruits and veggies at most meals. If you're interested, you can go to http://www.bountifulbaskets.org/. There are lots of pick-up places across the valley -- the closest one to me is just over in Seville. It's every other Saturday morning at 8:00.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'll have to give them another try. I ddi their organic one in power ranch. Their pick up time was 7 am and there wasn't a ton of stuff considering it was $25. Looks yummy. Maybe we'll see you down there!
I get Bountiful Baskets and I agree-- it IS fun. I have no idea how to cook the acorn squash, but was so excited to see baby pears and fresh corn! We definitely eat more fruit and veggies than we used to, and it really saves our grocery bill.
Post a Comment