Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!

I love New Years! I love that the Christmas decorations are all put away and the house is clean. I love the "fresh start" feeling that January brings and knowing that Valentines and cute heart things are right around the corner. I love that it's still holiday break and we don't have much of a schedule.

So for New Year's Eve I invited my sisters and their families over for a little par-tay. My brother in law Joe laughed when I took pictures of our spread, but when you love eating, cooking and seriously love food as much as my sisters and I do, you take pictures of it. Everyone brought something and we ended up with some YUMMY dishes -- stromboli, meatballs, ham & cheese puffs, weiners in crescent rolls, spinach artichoke dip, queso dip, and apples with carmel dip (had to have something somewhat healthy--ha!).
The kids entertained themselves with games . . .

While we introduced my sister Tori to facebook. She was looking up people from her past and we were all having a good laugh at everyone so we put it on our TV for better viewing pleasure. Ok, up until last week I didn't even understand what facebook was. But now I have to say I'm a little addicted. It has been so fun to hook up with friends from high school and college and old jobs. It's great to be able to see their pictures and what they're up to. For those of you still NOT on it, it's like a blog but a LOT easier. (And sign up today, please -- you're really missing out -- you know who you are.) And I love how when you log in it gives you a quick summary of anything new your friends have added.


So we finally got around to playing some new games that were a blast -- Buzz Word and Would You Rather. So fun.
We almost missed the countdown but got out the noise makers and poppers just in time!
Since we celebrated on east coast time, we were actually in bed before midnight! My, we're getting old.

On New Years Day Brent took the kids golfing and then we headed over to my mom's for Prime Rib!
It was such a fun holiday -- best wishes for all of YOU to have a wonderful 2009! Happy New Year!

No comments: