. . . for making my birthday so fun! Other than having to fire someone from work over the phone first thing in the morning, it was a great day. I met up with friends for lunch -- one of them being Kim who also shares my birthday. So we went to Joe's Farm Grill for our free meal. Then I ran off and got a pedicure with my mom, ran over to Blake's school to read in his classroom and then went home to pack up the kiddos. My fabulous mother-in-law offered to take them for the evening and have them spend the night at her house. Woo hoo! Brent and I headed to dinner at Bolero's and then shopping over at San Tan. He definitely spoiled me this year with the gifts. And then we met up with Marcee & Lance for dessert and to see the movie Taken. WOW! That movie kept me on the edge of my seat and I think I screamed more in that movie than any other I can remember in a long time! Let's just say - I'll never be sending my girls to Europe to study abroad or for any other reason without a chaperone! It was a fun filled day and I so appreciate all of the birthday wishes, phone calls and goodies. Thank you! Thank you!
I turned 35 this year and my dad had to keep reminding me that I was now closer to 50 than 20. Luckily for me, getting older hasn't really bothered me. In fact I think I'm happier with myself at 35 than I was at 20 anyhow. But I then turned the tables and quickly reminded him that at 65, he's now closer to 80 than 50. He hadn't realized that and I think it kind of depressed him for a minute. Sorry dad! But I say . . . let the birthdays keep coming. When I look over this past year, I have learned so much from the trials and things that Brent and I have been through. I wouldn't want to re-live some of them but I know I am a different (and I hope better) person because of them. And I guess that's what life is all about -- learning and growing each year we are here.

3 comments:
Happy Birthday Stephanie!! What a great attitude to have about birthdays. I'm slowly starting to get there but I'm not there yet. I hope I will be in the next couple of years.
Happy Birthday! I am so glad you had a great day!
Happy Belated Birthday Steph! Glad you had a happy one! Love, me
Post a Comment