I can usually only make them on Sundays because start to finish they take about 2-3 hours, (and during the week I'm rarely home for a stretch that long) but they are well worth it. It does seem, though, when I go to make them, I'm usually missing an ingredient. Today I was out of eggs. Luckily my sweet neighbors across the street, Tracy & Justin, let me borrow two, so guess who got a plate of cinnamon rolls in return? Thank you!
Here's the recipe step by step. I promise you won't be disappointed!
Heat oven to 200 degrees while you're making the dough.
Dough:
1 cup warm milk
2 1/2 tsp yeast
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs, room temp (but I always forget to get them to room temp ahead of time, so they turn out fine if you put them in chilled)
1/3 cup melted butter
4 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
Mix milk and 1 tbsp of the sugar until dissolved, then add yeast. I let it proof for a few minutes so you know the yeast is working (it starts to bubble a bit). Then add the rest of the wet ingredients. Mix the dry ingredients and add to wet mixture. Mix and kneed until it becomes a soft ball. (I just throw mine in the Bosch and it does all the kneading.)
Turn OFF the oven. Cover the dough with a moist towel over the bowl and put in warmed oven for 1 hour (it will double in size). Turn out the dough on lightly floured surface. Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
FILLING:
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
3 Tbsp cinnamon
1/3 cup butter, softened.
In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll dough into large rectangle.
Spread the softened butter all over the dough and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture.
While baking, make the icing:
6 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
Spread frosting over warm (not hot) rolls before serving. Seriously, you need to try these.

4 comments:
I will need to try those. George loves cinnamon rolls (they aren't my favorite) and his birthday is tomorrow. Maybe I'll make him some. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Stephanie, Those cinnamon rolls look delicious. I went shopping for the ingredients yesterday and I can't wait to make them!! I appreciate you sharing the recipe!!
Oh my gosh- I'm totally making these for Lance's birthday! They look AMAZING. And that's so funny- I never could pinpoint what it was that I didn't like about certain rolls and there was always way too much dry roll. Yum!
George made them on Sunday and they were REALLY good! I loved the icing. Mmmm! Thank you for sharing the recipe.
Post a Comment