Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Date Day

After much reminding from the kids that we promised to do this on a "regular" basis, we gave in and set aside another Saturday for date day with the kids.

Round 1: Mom & Chloe

I love how easy to please Chloe is. She was happy going to the Dollar Store. Within 2 minutes she had picked out a Dora kite and a bag of gummy bears to share with the family. We then headed to Sonic where she chose a candy sundae for a treat. I love spending time alone with Chloe. She is such a funny kid and when she has no other siblings around to tease, she is really a delight.

Round 2: Dad & Hayley


Hayley has always known that on her date with dad she wanted to go rock climbing. She went about a year ago and loved it. So they headed over to the Freestone Rec Center for a climb. I have to say that Hayley is freakishly strong. She's always been great at the monkey bars, skipping two at a time. (Side note - has anyone tried the monkey bars as an adult? I thought I'd give it a try and was very surprised that all I could do was hang there. I know I could do it as a kid . . . Guess I'm a little heavier now.) Anyhow, she climbed to the top with no fear and no problem. Brent was a little sore that evening and kept saying how sore Hayley would be the next day. But she wasn't.




(Yes - that's Hayley at the top of the rock - I could never do that.)

After they headed over to Floridino's for pizza!
Round 3: Blake & Mom

Blake wasn't quite sure what he wanted to do with me. Since shopping and pedicures were out of the question, I first suggested a movie. But then we came up with something much more fun - Golfland! I'd never been there before and it had been years since we'd been miniature golfing. The two of us had a blast! The weather was perfect too. And Blake actually got 3 holes in one! It was fun because the couples in front of us and behind us would see him make them and cheer for him too. He thought he was a hot dog.

Before golfing we ate at CPK for dinner and then after golfing he wanted a sundae at Baskin Robbins. He really had to twist my arm for that one :)

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I love individual dates with the kids- we need to do it more often!

marcee said...

You are an amazing mom. Enough said.