Saturday, April 4, 2009

A Rockin' Party!

I don't know who gets more excited for the birthday parties each year - me or the kids. I really enjoy planning them and the older the kids get, the more fun they are! This year I made Hayley limit the group to just 8 (in years past it's been 16 and I just couldn't take that again). She is a big fan of Hannah Montana, so she chose a Hannah Concert themed party. Here were the admission ticket / invites:

We had a very easy dinner - pizza from Costco and fresh fruit! While the kids ate they worked on a Hannah Trivia game and then it was time to get glammed up. We sprayed glitter spray on their hair. They could also choose a little color streak if they wanted. And of course we needed glitter for the eyes and cheeks.

Now that they looked like rock stars it was time for the show. Blake was in charge of the concession stand where they could buy treats with the money he had given each of them.

The girls all took their seats with their treats and then each girl got a chance to sing for the crowd.

At first everyone was pretty calm (ok, boring) as they watched.
But pretty quickly they warmed up and were on their feet dancing. Soo cute!

After the concert and photo shoot, we had a little dress-up relay:

We ended the evening with dessert. Hayley isn't a fan of birthday cake, so I let her pick her favorite treat and she chose ice cream sandwich cake. (Very easy - layer sandwiches in 9x 13. Pour half a jar of caramel over them, top with whip cream and toffee bits, repeat a second layer and that's it!). So much easier than decorating a cake - and the kids all ate it!


Lastly, we handed out thank you's which consisted of a Hannah diary, pencil case, a Hannah mix cd of Hayley's favorite songs and Pop Rock candy:
Here are the pop stars of the evening :





The group:


Such a fun night. Hayley just kept saying "This is the best night ever." She has such a great group of friends and they were all so easy to entertain. More to post on Hayley's actual birthday festivities later . . .

6 comments:

Stacey said...

Why does Hayley look 16 in all these pictures???? I can't believe how fast she is growing up! The party looks great and the invitations are amazing (but, I would not expect anything less..... you are a pro!)-- Will you start planning my kids birthdays? Happy Birthday Hayley!

Niki Miller said...

Can I just say that you are the coolest mom! What a fun party!! I never could have come up with something like that. My poor kids, we don't do b-day parties, mainly because they are so much work. You are awesome! Tell Hayley Happy Birthday!!!

Pam said...

Girls Girls Girls. I do wish I had a girl to have these fun girlie parties. Looks like they had a blast.

The Gladder Bladder said...

You are too cute! That is awesome! We did a very similar party in December for Tater but it was a SPA Party...gave everyone money when they came in ....and printed little menus of things they could "have done". It was fun! Don't you just love little girls! Not so little, anymore tho! :( Happy Birthday Haley!

marcee said...

Oh my gosh! I wish so badly I had been there to help you! What a fun night! I know Sandee had a blast. I was a little surprised when I saw her hair the next morning. She said, "Don't worry Mommee. Steph told me to tell you that it comes right out." Too cute. Oh, and I want some of those pictures!

PS- It's easy for your kids to have great friends when your child is as amazing as Hayley is.

Nancy said...

What a fun idea, Steph! A lot of work but terrific fun! I will bet the girls really had a great time. Love ya, Nancy