For the 4th of July we headed up to Hawley Lake with the Foster cousins. Can you believe there is a spot in Arizona where you actually need jackets in July? Heaven! I had never been there before but fell in love with its beauty (and weather).

Here are the cute cabins we rented:


It was perfect because the lake was in view, but far enough away that the kids couldn't wander to it. Here is the view from my bedroom:

We enjoyed lazy days. The cousins would run off together for hours playing in the woods or playing a game of whiffle ball. The adults enjoyed chatting, playing games, eating yummy snacks and I even got some time to read Breaking Dawn! (Finally finished it!). The weather couldn't have been more beautiful and we enjoyed the afternoon showers too.
3 comments:
I LOVE Hawley Lake. We used to head over there when we lived in Pinetop for a few months before we had kids. Every Sunday we would drive over there and drive around on the small logging roads to find elk. It is so beautiful!
Good job, Steph! I'm glad I can read about it on your blog since I never posted it on mine! :)
Is this a family cabin, or did you rent it? Looks like a blast!
Post a Comment