Monday, July 27, 2009

School Starts Again


Kind of feels like it never ended . . . .the summer went by too fast! But the kids were excited to return!

The backpacks:

The lunch bags:


Hayley is starting 3rd grade this year with Mrs. Zurat. She was excited to find out that her best friend Abby is in her class again! 3 years in a row. She's getting spoiled . . .


Check out the first day CRAZINESS outside where all of the kids line up in their new classes in 105 degree heat:Blake is starting 1st grade. We were so glad that he got Mrs. Duffy (Hayley's 1st grade teacher that we just loved!). She's on maternity leave until October, so for now he has the cutest teacher named Ms. Lundgren. She is a sweetie and makes Blake feel so special.

Blake and I were holding hands as I walked him to his class line outside. That made me almost cry thinking that it would probably be the last year he'd want to do that. I grabbed his hand a little tighter and hoped he didn't see the tears behind my sunglasses.
As the class walked inside to their rooms, I caught one last pic of Blake. You can see the excitement on his face.

All day long, Kate kept asking "Where Blake? Where Hayley?" She missed them as much as I did. To celebrate the big day, we went to Red Robin for dinner -- the kids favorite restaurant (and ok, maybe one of mine too!)
After school I asked the kids what they liked the most:
Hayley - Reading
Blake - Music Class
What did they like the least?
Hayley - too much math
Blake - too much coloring

No comments: