So for years now, the whole Foster family has spent our Independence Days up in the mountains of Arizona. Not only do we love the small town feel of the 4th, but the cooler weather comes at the perfect time - - mid-summer when we're dying from the heat and need to escape.
But for the first time in about 10 years, the Fosters didn't have an annual 4th of July trip planned. So I was giddy with excitement when the Lamoreaux side of the family planned a trip to Utah!
We got up super early (thus the frown and some tired eyes below) so we could get a good spot in Cedar City for the parade.
We made sure we had everything ready:Cute toes - CHECK!
Cute 4th of July accessories - CHECK!
Cute Hats and tatoos - CHECK! We were ready for the festivities to begin!
Waiting for the parade with Grant, Carson & Londee Lou.

The kids made out with all of the candy and loot that the floats would pass out. (And notice that Brent got this shot as Miss Utah was passing by . . . how convenient.)
After the parade, we walked down to the park where rides and games were set up. I remember when I was about 8 years old, going down to the same park after a 4th of July parade. I remember playing frisbee there with my grandma's dog. Fun memories of the 4th that I was happy to carry on with my own kids.
Kate riding the slide (and mom realizing that I should only buy skirts with built in shorts from now on).
Enjoying snow cones in the "heat" of 80 degrees.
And Hayley did a little rock climbing.
After the park we headed to the movies to see Toy Story 3. So cute! And we had every intention of staying that evening until the fireworks, but when it doesn't get dark until 10 pm, that's a little hard. The kids were tuckered out by 8:00 so we just headed back up to the cabin. No fireworks for us this year, but the kids didn't even seem to notice!

No comments:
Post a Comment