But then she began to LOVE her parties and she would start planning them months in advance. (Ok, and maybe I kind of enjoy planning them too!)
This year though I presented a different choice . . . a birthday party with a bunch of friends, or . . . a weekend stay at the Arizona Grand Resort with her best friend Emily and our family. She chose the latter, and we had a BLAST!
The weekend we originally planned to go, it rained. So we rescheduled to Easter weekend and it worked out even better. The kids had Friday off from school so we were able to spend all day Friday and Saturday there at the water park.
They enjoyed the speed slides.
(I was just grateful Blake didn't fly off the sides and get hurt!)
They also enjoyed eating their hot fudge sundaes poolside. (Everything tastes better pool side.)
That evening we headed over to Aunt Chiladas for a yummy dinner, and then we went to the Drive-In movies and watched Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2 and Rango. The drive-in was a first for the kids and they loved it.
The next morning, the resort was having a huge Easter Egg Hunt.
They even had easter eggs hidden all over the water park. Kate & Chloe also enjoyed the craft activities they had for the smaller kids.
I have to admit . . . this was probably one of my favorite "birthday parties" yet . . . no work on my part. Just lots of family fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment