It's here, finally. The first day of school. The kids have been counting down for weeks now anticipating the big day. They were giddy with excitement last night before bed and had a hard time falling asleep. I have to admit that although I wasn't looking forward to setting an alarm clock again and having to hustle to get kids off in the morning, I was kind of looking forward to them returning as well. A little peace and quiet in the afternoons. They picked out their outfits last night. Not very exciting outfits since they wear uniforms, but still . . . they got to pick which navy, white or red polo they'd wear. Hee hee.
It was so nice taking Blake to full day Kindergarten after having completed Kindersteps all last year. He was so ready! And it was nice having Hayley at the school to show him around and make sure he knew where to meet for pick up. So great that they have each other.

Hayley's teacher this year is Mrs. White who I've only heard great things about! Hayley's only question when she found out who she was: "Do you think she's a yeller?" (I think she gets enough yelling from me at home that she doesn't want a yelling teacher at school!)
And Blake got Mrs. Moore. There were only 6 boys in his class when I dropped him off!
I love this next picture. All of the students get right to work and couldn't care less about their parents. But all of the parents want to linger as long as possible in the back of the class and have a hard time leaving their little cuties.
I think I was more excited than them to have them get home so they could tell me all the details. Blake was excited that his "job" for the week is to carry the ball out to recess. Very cool. And Hayley couldn't stop talking about how nice her teacher is.
Now we're off to Texas Roadhouse to celebrate the big day. Any excuse for eating out . . .

3 comments:
Hayley looks so beautiful! You're gonna be in trouble here in a few years! The "yeller" thing made me laugh out loud!! And Texas Roadhouse??? I could go and just eat the rolls and cinnamon butter with a Coke and be fine!!
How fun {for all of you!} I'm sure the peace in the afternoon is heavenly. :)
So fun to get them off. Garrett doesn't start until next week and I can't wait for him.
Post a Comment