Happy 4th of July! We were able to go to our brother-in-law's family cabin up in Pinedale for the weekend, which has been the Foster tradition for the past few years. Yes, all 30 Fosters (13 adults and 17 children) pile into one house for the 4th of July holiday. Despite the craziness of this, we always have fun. I love that the cousins can run around together ALL DAY LONG outside! And while the kids play outside, this is what the adults do:
Lots of chatting, and yes, that's Brent leg wrestling his brothers. (At what age do they grow up? Hee hee) Another tradition that the kids do every year (thanks to Marcee) is the American Flag Cake. The kids love putting it together (and then MY kids love picking off the fruit when they eat it. Heaven forbid they eat anything healthy.)
So the night of the 4th we headed to Show Low for the fireworks. Besides the absolutely gorgeous weather (it actually got cold enough to wear sweatshirts and jeans that night!!), I love the small town feel. We headed to the high school and everyone piles on to the football field and stakes out their spot with chairs and blankets.
There are lots of inflatable slides and things for the kids to do while waiting for the fireworks to start, but luckily for our wallets, the kids had the most fun running races all night long!
The fireworks were kind of disappointing this year, but we all still enjoyed the evening.
On Saturday, most of the day was spent making robot costumes for the kids so they could be in a video that Jared wanted to do called Robot Parade. You can see it here:
ROBOT PARADE
http://www.vimeo.com/1293490
By the time the kids had made their costumes, it was kind of hot outside, and they weren't very happy robots. Cute nonetheless.
What a great weekend. It was hard to leave knowing we'd be coming back to 110 degree weather. Oh well. Thanks again, Marc!

9 comments:
Too cute! I love the pics of the kids. It looks as though all the kids had fun.
cute blog. I will add you to my blog list!
I love the cramming into the cabin for the 4th festivities! The non-fruit flag cake is funny too! What a fun family tradition!
SOOO glad you joined the blogging world! I look forward to you cracking me up with things like the "Shamu lady"...sounds like you and I have one child who shocks us daily!! Good luck!
WOOHOO! I have to say that I am shocked but delighted that you are now a blogger. I am thrilled that I can check out what the Foster fam is up to.
I can't believe that our little ones are a year already...so sad.
Thank you for inviting me to your blog. You've done a really good job so far. I heard from someone else that Show Low's fireworks weren't very impressive, that's too bad. I bet the kids still had a lot of fun.
Steph
Hey, it's me again: ) I'm going to add you to our friends list if that's okay.
Steph
Cute pics! I can't believe how big Kate looks in the pics...she's growing up!
Great pictures! I hope you get addicted to blogging- it's great to have another one to read. :)
Your family is simply delicious! How fun to cram up in a cabing for a weekend. What a blast!
Love that your blogging and I can see those QT pies more often in our own scary technical world.
Post a Comment