Saturday, July 12, 2008

It's Here!


I'm so excited. I just heard that they've opened the Phoenix Children's Museum (http://www.childrensmuseumofphoenix.org/) and if it's anything like the one in San Diego, we're there! When we went to San Diego in May we had one day that was not scheduled with any activities. We went to Richard Walker's Pancake House for breakfast (http://www.richardwalkers.com/) and WOW was that one of the best breakfast places ever. If you visit San Diego, this restuarant is a must. Check out the menu. The omelette I ordered was the biggest one I've ever seen. Ok, enough about food . . .
Anyhow, around the corner from there we noticed the San Diego Children's Museum. Since we had nothing planned that day, we thought we'd stop in for awhile. We ended up spending the entire rest of the day there. The kids were able to paint a VW bug, create clay sculptures, design a pinewood derby type car and race it, play in a pillow fight room, climb a rock wall, play dress up, and paint a shadow puppet theater! They didn't want to leave even though it was closing time. After looking at the website for the new museum in Phoenix, they sound a lot alike. I'm hoping we can squeeze a trip in before school starts. Anyone in?






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwwwww!!! Your pictures are really nice and cute!!!!

Owen said...

I'm in!! I'll have to check it out for sure! Your kids are so dang cute!

Stacey said...

Absolutly-- I'm in! It looks like so much fun!

MelancholySmile said...

If it's really great, I might have to switch from a Science Center membership and get one at the children's museum instead...